This spark plug comes with a disclaimer – “volatile at times.”

Unstable, unpredictable, impulsive, capricious, fickle….. words I would probably avoid putting on my resume but they describe me very well. I’m so tired of people who won’t admit the less than attractive parts about them…..so all I can do is not be like them. I never pretended to hide the fact that I am a spark plug or that at times I am hard to deal with, difficult to reason with, and mostly just plain impulsive.

I will always admit that I’m an unstable atom with electrons flying all over the place. However, I’m also very certain about things that are unchanging; like my spirit, strength, determination, love-bound and limitless energy, honesty, loyalty, integrity, and courage to love, learn, and grow. I build my vision of the future upon these principles. They are not just words on paper; they are my beliefs and my values at the root of my spiritual core.

I never try to highlight my strengths in order for people ignore my weaknesses. I openly embrace the good with the bad. I don’t mind others shining a light on where I can improve. It’s only fair to let others decide if they want to associate with me after they weigh the pros and cons. But they have to learn to know what all the cons are first.

In some cases my weaknesses are not a good match with everybody. Some flaws are easier to overlook for some people, it’s about finding that chemistry, that balance of strengths and weaknesses that each person is willing to work with.

No comments: